2.00 new release version major

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I am pleased to announce the first major version update to ChronoWall!
Since there were no reported issues with the latest beta, I am pushing this as the first official major update. Included are the previous release notes for the beta version:

As promised, I have redesigned the GUI to make it much faster, less resource-intensive and cleaner:
  • The logo on the top-right has been removed
  • The top buttons have been made much smaller and the animation effect has been removed
  • Dialog backgrounds are now solid white
  • Thumbnail generation is performed in the background - search results are now much more navigable
  • Many GUI elements, such as the image effects GUI have been converted to a gray color as to not influence image perception
  • When dragging points in the image effects GUI, they are snapped every 1/4 mark in the timeline as indicated by the top slider
  • Removed help bubbles
  • Removed the ability to customize the GUI color, which could cause a significant delay when starting the application
  • Removed on-demand groups. They were not necessary since a 24/7, every day group is exactly the same thing.
  • The interface for adding/editing a wallpaper group has been redesigned - schedule settings are now located on a top "ribbon" above the image list
  • The settings panel has been completely redesigned and is now divided into collapsible groups
  • Added the ability to enable/disable real-time effects.
  • When the main window is shown, real-time effects are temporarily disabled until the window is closed to improve performance.
  • Added a setup wizard
I have also fixed several bugs:
  • Rare bugfix from v1.x that could cause a crash when the wallpaper changed
  • Facebook connect now works again after updating to their new authentication protocol
  • Bing search now works again after updating to their new API
  • Flickr search is now much more reliable
You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Enjoy the fixes in this latest release! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users