Version 1.50

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I am pleased to announce that the latest feature of ChronoWall (real-time image effects) has been stabilized.

For good measure, here is that short demonstration of a real-time 360-degree hue shift (with a small amount of bloom) using Fluorescence by Ryan Bliss of digitalblasphemy.com again:

I have also uploaded a few more examples:

Circumpolar:

Corona:

Cosmic Shoals:

Grand Design:

Many of the above effects are available in the Effects Gallery.

These small videos don't really do justice. To see these in action (and create some of your own), install the latest version. After installation, open the Image Effects dialog for any image. Here, you will notice the top-left now has a dropdown. You can select either "Time of day", "Image Changes" or "Specified". "Time of day" is the same behavior as before (image effects will change slowly throughout the day). "Image Changes" will cycle through the effects once until the image changes. "Specified" allows you to set the duration and direction of the image effects. Full product documentation for this feature is available in the Online Help.

The best part about this feature is that it integrates with the rest of the software - i.e. you can schedule it and confine it to specific screens just like the rest of your images.

I have also chosen to reorganize the Settings view. The layout of buttons below each online service is much easier to use and understand. In addition, I have removed some redundant language in the "Location" section and have moved the "Store images in another folder" setting to the "Download Options" dialog. This removes a lot of clutter from that window. It isn't perfect, but it looks much better than it did before. Eventually, this entire section will be organized into tabs.

The full changelog is below:

BUGFIX

Fixed some occasional explorer.exe crashes when loading real-time image effects.

BUGFIX

The "Image Effects" dialog would also cause a crash when opened on some machines - this has been fixed.

FEATURE

Cleaned up the "Settings" window.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Enjoy the fixes/features in this latest release! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users