Version 1.02

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

All known memory leaks have now been addressed. As ChronoWall is now in a good, stable state, I can finally begin working on what I love best - new features. I've learned my lesson with this latest release - no new official releases will introduce new bugs, as bugfix releases eat into the little precious time that I have to work on new features.

If anyone is running version 1.01 or earlier, I highly recommend upgrading to 1.02.

(BUGFIX)

Fixed all known memory leaks.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Enjoy the fixes/features in this latest release! :)

P.S. If anyone is curious, here are some of the features I am working on right now (in no particular order):
  • Automatically show images with resolutions that match a particular monitor's resolution on that monitor
  • Support schedules based on the minutes after the hour (e.g. show these images from x:00 to x:30, from sunrise to sunset)
  • Automatically add images to the default groups based on histogram data
  • Use the GPU to generate the background, apply the effects and add collages
  • Remember where dialogs were last placed
  • Allow image effects to cycle based on the change frequency, resulting in a continuously fading background (requires generating the background using the GPU)
  • Support video files / dreamscene
  • Support a "cartoon-like" effect for collages
  • Generate thumbnails in the background when browsing images
Some of these are ideas of my own, while many others have come from beta testers and customers. Let me know if any of you would like anything else! I also plan to add more features as I think of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users