Dual Monitor Problem

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rachael Field

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

The wallpaper intervals are working fine, but on my dual monitor computer, even though I am using dual monitor DB wallpapers and have set them to tile, the image only comes up on my right monitor, leaving the left one black. Attached File  Untitled.png (184.44K)
Number of downloads: 13 I have to say I am find thing interface uncomfortable and irritating, and would appreciate any help that might fix this problem.

#2 Rachael Field

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

The "Display on screens" option isn't working either, the program doesn't let me select the screens.

#3 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

Rachael,

ChronoWall's 'Tile' is different from the way Windows does it, when dealing with multiple monitors. To display a multi-screen wallpaper on more than one screen, you will need to set its display mode to Fill. The image will then be stretched and cropped across all monitors that can contain it. Any other display mode will confine the image to one monitor at a time. Furthermore, if the image is multi-screen (i.e. its size is big enough to fit multiple monitors), the software will attempt to skip multiscreen images and only use single screen images on single monitors, preserving multi-screen monitors for all screens. This keeps you from ever seeing a multi-screen image from being cropped. It shouldn't be leaving monitors blank, though. I'll look into that.

Come to think of it, I never explained what each display mode does in the integrated help (it does mention it in the web-based help manual) - I'll definitely add it there.

Please also elaborate on why you don't like the interface and I'll see what I can do to make it better. Would a 'Preview' option help - i.e. showing what the wallpaper will look like on your desktop?

I'll attempt to reproduce the 'Display on Screens' dialog not working - you are definitely the first to mention the issue. Please see if closing and opening that dialog again resolves the issue.

Thanks! Let me know if this helps.

#4 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

I have pinpointed the 'Display on Screens' bug. If you are selecting more than one image and use the 'Display on Screens' dialog, it will not work if you have never used that dialog before with only one image since starting ChronoWall. I have added code to fix this and it will be available in the next release. For now, before being able to use that dialog with multiple images, you will have to select only one image, right-click it and select 'Display on Screens'. The dialog should work. You should then be able to select multiple images, right-click them and use the 'Display on Screens' dialog and it will be functional.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :)

#5 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Version 1.01 Beta is now available. This release fixes the 'Display on Screens' bug and also makes the GUI much less confusing by removing the 'Active Images' list on the main status screen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users