Version 1.00 RC2

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

I am pleased to announce the next release candidate version, 1.00 RC2. This version fixes a number of issues I received both on the online forums and via email.

The full changelog is listed below.

(BUGFIX)

If Flickr was being used, all online searches could stop downloading after a period of time if ChronoWall was left running. This has been fixed - it was due to the counter that limits the maximum number of running searches at a time not being reset properly.

(BUGFIX)

Another bug was fixed that dealt with multi-screen images and the number of monitors these images were for.

(BUGFIX)

Dialogs and collages now take into account the position of the taskbar.
Previously, the taskbar was always assumed to be on the bottom of the screen.

(BUGFIX/FEATURE)

Multiple files can now be added at a time via the 'Add...' menu item. This should have already been implemented given that multiple files could be added by dragging them into the application.

(BUGFIX)

The system tray icon is now restored and the wallpaper fade setting is preserved in the event Explorer crashes.

(BUGFIX/FEATURE)

When searching for your latitude and longitude by Address, the Google Geolocation API and the Static Map API are used. This makes it much easier to set your location for the first time. Furthermore, it ensures that the correct values are used. Feel free to try it out!

(BUGFIX)

RSS images and feeds are no longer lost if a feed is unable to be parsed under rare conditions.

(BUGFIX/FEATURE)

When any settings are changed, a notation is shown beside the 'Save' button. This makes it more clear as to when that button needs to be pressed.

(BUGFIX)

Images that are solely from online searches that aren't used locally no longer have their resampled bitmaps cached. In addition, the thumbnail cache for searches and RSS feeds is now cleaned up in the event that they are no longer available.

(BUGFIX)

On Windows 7, the icon fading text issue has been fixed.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Thank you all for your help! Please let me know of any more suggestions, issues or bugs. The comments/suggestions I've gotten so far were very helpful - I really appreciate them :).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users