Auto-Grouping of pictures

1 reply to this topic

#1 ccookman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

Joshua,

Like many of your Beta testers, I was directed to your site by Ryan at Digital Blasphemy. I have a dual monitor system running Win7 and, prior to using ChronoWall, used the native Win7 background changer to switch between images. As a lifetime member of DB, I currently have over 240 wonderful dual screen wallpapers to cycle through. When using the "shuffle" feature of the native Win7 program, I noticed that only a handful of the available pictures were ever shown. ChronoWall seems to be able to work through all the images much more successfully which is great.

My feature request is for the ability to automate the initial sorting of the pictures/photos into time/season Groups, probably on a “auto-sort this folder/sub-folder” basis. I wonder, for example, whether the software could analyse the colour histogram of the picture and put the generally darker pictures into a “Night” Group and the lighter ones into a “Day” Group etc. I appreciate auto-allocating anything is unlikely to be perfect so there would also need to be the ability to check/move pictures into different Groups afterwards.

This idea may help with the initial hurdle that some ChronoWall users might face of “I love the idea of ChronoWall but can’t face the idea of sort all my pictures into Groups”

Just a thought. :o)

Great program, by the way.

Thanks,

Chris.

#2 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

Chris,

That sounds like a very interesting idea - it shouldn't be too difficult to implement given the already vast amounts of code I have written that does image processing. It might take a bit of trial-and-error though. It would definitely make the program much easier to use to start with. I can't guarantee it will be available in 1.01, but I'll definitely be experimenting with it.

Thanks for the comment!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users