Version 1.00 RC1

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

I am pleased to announce the first release candidate version, 1.00 RC1. This marks the end of the beta period and the start of the "Release Candidate" phase. Along with some minor bugfixes, this new version introduces a new key checking
method. This new method is much faster than the old one I was using and should result in much faster start-up times. This new method is what will be used in the first initial release.

I appreciate all the time you all have taken with me to make ChronoWall what it is right now - it is definitely much more of a product than it was 2 months ago!

If no major bugs are reported, the first version will be available shortly.

Note that this post does not contain all the information that was sent in emails to beta testers already participating.

The full changelog is listed below.

(BUGFIX)

Certain widescreen resolutions would be used for the wrong number of monitors. This has been fixed.

(BUGFIX)

The old, slow key checking mechanism has been replaced with a much faster one. This results in much faster start up times.

(FEATURE)

The beta period has ended and the "Release Candidate" phase has started.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Thank you all for your help! Please let me know of any more suggestions, issues or bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users