Version 0.98

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

I am pleased to announce the next version of ChronoWall, 0.98! This version fixes several bugs. Most importantly, the new fade mechanism now works with Windows 7 even if a slideshow was previously being viewed. In addition, the new fade has been optimized for those with multiple monitors.

One thing I want to mention - Yahoo! Image Search is no longer supported. This is due to Yahoo deciding to charge for its BOSS API. Since Yahoo! is basically a wrapper for Bing Image search, I do not feel that it is worth investing any money into since the same results can be obtained for free from Bing. Previous searches created with Yahoo! will still be available, but you will no longer be able to create any new Yahoo! searches in any future versions of ChronoWall. In the current versions (0.90 - 0.97), Yahoo! image searches will no longer return any results anyway.

Other various bugs have been fixed. The full changelog is listed below.

• (BUGFIX)

Windows-7 style fading now works if you were previously viewing a slideshow in Windows 7. In addition, those with multiple monitors will see a vast speed improvement.

• (BUGFIX)

Buttons are now faded out and their tooltips are deactivated when the mouse pointer quickly moves off the main window.

• (BUGFIX)

There was a bug that could cause the application to use all of the CPU when left idle for a period of time until the wallpaper was changed again. This has been fixed. (If you are curious, it was due to a mis-handling of the WM_PAINT message for the transparent collage windows.)

• (BUGFIX)

New wallpaper groups now use a default change frequency of 3 minutes.

• (BUGFIX)

Yahoo! Image search removed since it is no longer functional. Please use Bing Image Search as an alternative.

• (BUGFIX)

Sometimes the status indicating whether ChronoWall was disabled could be out of sync. This has been fixed.

As always, you can check the roadmap in the forums at chronowall.co.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, first exit ChronoWall and install the new version over the existing one. You do not need to uninstall the old version. If you are unable to upgrade due to the file 'DesktopTransition.dll' (or 'DesktopTransition64.dll') being locked, log off and log back on and try the installation again.

Thank you all for your help! Please let me know of any more suggestions, issues or bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users