Version 0.96

No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

I am pleased to announce the next version of ChronoWall, 0.96! This version bring a major new feature - the ability to share image effects. In all the history of the development of this product, this is by far the biggest feature that I have added. One of the issues with this software has been the tedious nature of creating image effects. I hope to eliminate that obstacle with this new feature. Special thanks goes to 'StealthMonkey' for suggesting this - as this is a big addition to this product. I have also extended the expiration date of ChronoWall to September 30, 2011. This will also give you the opportunity to experience a season change.

I also want to point out that the next version (0.97) will address the issue of the fade effect drawing over the icons by utilizing Direct3D to do the transition. This will also be the last feature that I add to ChronoWall - the remaining releases after 0.97 (0.98 up to 0.99xx..) will focus solely on bugfixes (which there are several of) until the final product becomes available. Any new feature requests will be postponed until after version 1.0.

Here is the full changelog for 0.96:

• (FEATURE)

Ability to share image effects. ChronoWall's image effects have always been tedious to create. This new feature allows everyone to share what they have created so others can use it effortlessly!

• (FEATURE)

Extend the expiration date of ChronoWall beta to September 30, 2011

• (BUGFIX)

Made several of the menu items in the Image Effects GUI much easier to understand

• (BUGFIX)

Fixed an issue where odd-resolution bitmaps that weren't 32 bits-per pixel were having severe artifacts with some effects.

As always, you can check the roadmap in the forums at chronowall.co.

You can download the latest version at http://chronowall.co/downloads.php

To upgrade, simply install the new version over the existing one. You do notneed to uninstall the old version.

Thank you all for your continued stream of suggestions so far! Please let me know of any more suggestions, issues or bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users