#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

The following is planned for version 0.96:

• Expand on exporting image effects for sharing with others:

An online portal for sharing these is definitely in the works. In order to make this easier for end-users, I will need to come up with a file format that allows a user to export their list of effects along with some example images (low resolution, to keep things legal) that demonstrate what these effects do. An end-user would simply create this file with a single click within the image effects GUI, upload this single file to the online portal and fill in the necessary fields (such as the time/date categories, author, original image URL, etc - this is to be determined). Users of this software will then be able to browse this online gallery and download user-created effects.

• (Possibly) depreciate the "image adjustment templates" and use the new method of importing/exporting effects. If this happens, I will send out a warning email encouraging all of you to export any image adjustment templates you have created.

• Extend the beta expiration date to September 30, 2011. This isn't to say the final product won't be available until this date. I simply want to make this beta version more worthwhile for new testers.

• Fix issue when using some effects with odd resolution bitmaps that are not 32 bits per pixel.

Of course, any bug reports will get priority before these features are implemented.

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

#2 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Update:

I have finally gotten ChronoWall to the point where image effects can easily be uploaded from within the program! There is still more work to be done to allow the effects to be browsable on this website.

#3 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

I have went ahead and decided to make the effect gallery public. You won't actually be able to log in and post effects until I release the next version (0.96). Registered users will be able to post image effects directly from within ChronoWall itself when the next version is launched. I plan to have it available very soon. Until then, enjoy what I have posted for now!

You can access the effect gallery here: http://chronowall.co...cts_gallery.php

#4 StealthMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Joshua,

I browsed around the Image Effects Gallery and it looks awesome. I love that you can click on the image and see a preview of the transition right in the browser! I can't wait for 0.96 to come out to see how it all works together. This far exceeded my expectations when I first tossed out the idea. Well done, sir.

One thing that came to mind when browsing the gallery is the ability to rate effects and see download counts would be sweet, plus the ability to sort by rating and popularity.

--Matt

P.S. The effect for 'Sunset Boat on a Beach' is the sweetest thing ever.

P.P.S. I found a minor cosmetic issue. If you change both your username and password, you get some html entities printing:

Successfully changed password.<br>Successfully changed screen name.

#5 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

Matt,

I am glad you like it :) Thank you once again for your great idea - it almost seems like it is a necessary part of this product. Ratings and downloads is definitely on the todo list, and they'll definitely be available before the first initial version. Also, thanks for pointing out that HTML entity issue. I actually fixed that for the backend but neglected to translate the same code to the frontend where it actually counts.

Joshua Pilkington

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users