No replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pilkington

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 91 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

The following enhancements will be put in place for the next version, 0.93:

• #140: Show Searching/Downloading Status on Searches/RSS Feeds - There was a "video tutorial" of my product on one of those free application directory listing websites recently, and it is evident from that video that there needs to be a real-time status shown for image searches in progress.

• #141: Allow ChronoWall to be Windows XP Compatible - a significant amount people coming to this website are running Windows XP. I have also gotten some emails requesting a Windows XP version. Several other beta testers have attempted to run my product on Windows XP, only to have it crash or fail to launch. Based on these events, it is evident that this operating system is still widely used and may be for quite some time. Not to mention, Windows XP doesn't even come with a wallpaper changer. Given that my product hasn't officially been launched yet, now would be the best time to make this happen. The only reason ChronoWall isn't XP compatible is because of some of the image and blur effects - they are using some functions from GDI+ 1.1. Everything else in ChronoWall uses GDI+ 1.0 which is available on all Windows platforms. Due to licensing agreements, GDI+ 1.1 is only available in Windows Vista and above. Given my knowledge of image manipulation, I can definitely write all the necessary functions from scratch. The only difficult part will be ensuring that the functions I write look exactly like the results of the ones in the GDI+ 1.1 library. This has been moved to version 0.94 due to the critical bug below

• #142: Fix a bug that could cause the program to fail to start if results from one or more searches are empty.

This next version should be available within the next few hours of this post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users